Pharmco 5 Step Cattle Program
- Programs and Products: information and comparison.
- Ration options:
feeds,neg, byproduct level, supplement options
- Starter programs.
- Feedlot rations, projections, and batch sheets.
- Feeding Program guidelines; options
- By-Products and alternative feeds.
- Feed Samples, Bunk samples, mixing tests, and water samples.
- Feedstuff Management.
- Regular Analysis of Cattle and Operation.
- Feedlot Walk Through
Feedlot: TotalFeedlot Management; Individual Pen Management
- Type of cattle, market date, program
- What affects your profitability?
- Success Strategies; Opportunities and Marketing Ideas
- Pen Design; Water space and tanks; fence, bunks
- Consultant Service
- Implant Information and Strategy
- Regular Feedlot Reports
- Factors that affect Profitability:
- % of
cosweaning a calf, weaning weight, price / lb. for calves, unit cost of production
- Rations and programs
- % of
- Cow-calf, feedlots, seed stock, sale barns, cattle buyers
- Pharmco Cattle Network
- Cattle, Custom Lots, Investors, etc.
- Custom Feedlots
- Finishing and Growing
- Cattle Management in custom lots.
- Records and billing
- Visual inspection. Written reports, person contact
- Monthly reports
Records and Data Management:
- Feedlot Records
- DM intake and graph; Estimated Wt., ADG, F/G, COG, BE
- Pen Closeputs
- Billing for Custom Lots
- Data Comparison
- Local, Benchmark, Upper Midwest, Top 1/3
- Monitor management changes
- Compare and monitor feeding and marketing scenarios
- Track Cattle Source
- Areas to Improve performance and profits
- Regular and Yearly Analysis
- Management: Nutrition, Vets, Industry Experts.
- Financing: bankers and financing programs.
- Feed: By-products, feedstuffs, corn
- Trucking, distillers, corn, cattle
- Environmental Issues: engineers,
DENR E-Mail Newsletter: cattle information
- Industry Issues: ASV, COOL, Branded Beef
Phil Johnson 605-730-2020 | [email protected] | pharmcosd.com